Friday, November 17, 2006
Dear CMW Forum Friends
If you decide you'd like to get involved in any area please go to http://freewebs.com/sonburst and fill out our application form. (There's a link that will send you to the CFRB site on the Freewebs site. We had to move the form to Freewebs because it wouldn't work on the blog. There are actually 4 categories in which you can join with us and get involved:
1) Authors - obviously without authors and their published works we'd have nothing to review.
2) Reviewers - Likewise to be a review blog we need to have these wonderful people to help the authors get the word out about their works.
3) Blog Hosts - These people we are presently in short supply of, but truly need. These are the people who make CFRB's dynamics so widespread. So far our "widespread" only covers 3 blogs. If you have a blog you can help us, and the authors, here.
4) Other - That's right. There is a lot of work, some of it not even writing-related that people can help us with. Things like artwork, file transfers, "Think Tanks", people who know HTML, people in these and other areas who would be willing to field technical questions recieved by the oher members. And of course you can, and should, pray. We need the power of God, His Voice and direction in this.
If you can help in any of the four areas mentioned above, or in more than those areas please go to http://freewebs.com/sonburst and fill out the application. We'll get back to you when we receive your form.
So what does all of this have to do with CMWForum? CMWForum is specifically designed for Christian mystery writers. As such we need an outlet to display and showcase our talents (published achievements). CFRB is that outlet for many of you. If you can go with CFBA then do so. If you wish to go with both CFBA and CFRB realize that our structure is slightly different so that we can meet different needs. We are not in competition with them nor they with us. We are two different types of outlets. At this time we probably look a bit on the lean side. That's because we're justs starting out. We have plans to:
1. Eventually include audio and e-books.
2. Post booktrailers with our blog tours, possibly even assisting in creating them (at no charge)..
3. Provide some internal chatter:
a) Writing tips from pros
b) Marketing your excellence
c) How can I help you?
As you can see our vision isn't limited. In fact it's open to wherever God wishes to lead us. Now fiction is a very large category. We've already received some submissions and they all look very interesting. I was surprised not to see as much romance submitted. Anyway, as Christian mystery writers this is a specialized form of fiction that is included in CFRB. CFRB is for all forms of Christian fiction, but as founder of CMWForum I wanted you guys to know you weren't left out. If anything you were in the forefront of my thoughts. David
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Marilynn Griffith is wife to a deacon, mom to a tribe and proof that God gives second chances. Her novels include Made of Honor (Steeple Hill, Jan. 2006), Pink (Revell, Feb. 2006), Jade (Revell, June 2006), and If the Shoe Fits (Revell, 2007). Her other credits include Chicken Soup for the Christian Woman’s Soul, Cup of Comfort Devotionals and her Shades of Style series (Revell, 2006). She lives in Florida with her husband and children. To book speaking engagements or just say hello, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tangerine is the third book in the Shades of Style Novels.
Fans of Pink and Jade will eat up Tangerine, the third book in the cutting-edge Shades of Style series. Jean Guerra, a designer at Garments of Praise design firm, doesn't like surprises. These days though, the unexpected meets her everywhere. Since Jean's return to the church a year ago, her God-encounters occur with increasing frequency, along with thoughts of her husband-the one she vowed to divorce and gave up on long ago. The one nobody at work knows about, not even her best friend, Lily, or her boss, Chenille. But when the designer assigned to work with Jean on a line of men's suits shows up, her heart flips. It's her husband, Nigel Salvador. Jean is finally rendered speechless. Can her bruised heart become whole enough to love again? Or will she remain in the trenches of loneliness forever?
The book link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0800730429
Marilynn's website link: http://marilynngriffith.typepad.com/rhythmsofgrace/
THE 3RD COVENANT - a Comparison
times per month
Judge and Jury
The 3rd Covenant
The Camel Club
Web of Lies
The 12th Card
Words of Silk
Above and Beyond
No Second Chance